Welcome to the Platty+ web site. Platty+ is a small family run water sports business based on the shores of Derwentwater, Cumbria, The Lake District.
We offer a wide range of water sports including:
• Kayaking (Single Kayaks and Double Kayaks)
• Canoeing (2 - 4 Man Canoes, Rafted Canoes and The Voyager)
• Sailing (Single Handed Sail Boats and Crew Sail Boats)
• The Dragon Boat (Chinese Long Boat for up-to 20 People)
• The Viking Longship (The Gift of The Gael)
• Rowing Boats (2 - 4 Man)
• Power Boating (RYA Training Courses Only)
"We always love going to Plattyplus, its such a perfect part of the world - always a highlight of our trips to the Lakes."
We cater for groups, families and individuals of any nature including any special needs. We offer a wide range of tuition and hire is available for the majority of the year!
At Lodore we are blessed with both a great location and some great facilities.
With the majority of lake users staying towards the Keswick end we constantly find ourselves on a quiet and peaceful expanse of lake, the only way to experience the "Queen of Lakes". We also have plenty of perfect little bays and brooks to hide away from any weather that might come our way!
Our purpose built offices and changing rooms have solar energy providing light and heat and with toilets on site every need is catered for in a green and clean fashion.
On this site you should be able to find all the information you need, but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.